Wednesday, January 7, 2009

that night, a forest grew.

so, i got sick last weekend and in response all i did was lay on the couch and watch dexter all day. i really couldn't have made a better decision. it is SUCH a good show. well, somewhere along the way, among the countless episodes, was one titled, "that night, a forest grew". for whatever reason, those words really caught my attention. to me, there was something about them that was beautiful; something that made me want to burst a little. and so i wrote this:


that night, a forest grew
pulling up everything to make it new
put the heart where the arrows fly
piercing roots my love will lie
falling seeds from fingers sow
what heavy feet push below
forgotten by all save the sun
whose leaky light a vessel spun
spin her once to feel the pain
spin her twice and her ray will rain
seeping soil to grab the life
in darkness breeds breathing strife
now growing from what those feelings threw
that night, a forest grew

and then i made a song of it: that night, a forest grew



that night will come...

love.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Did you take this photograph?!?

Naomi Haverland said...

I can't believe you've got musical ability too!! I want to know exactly what you're under the influence of because I want to get some too...
This might sound kindof strange but I was watching "Scrubs" last night (and I don't usually watch that show) but there was this adorable Ukulele girl on the show that I got a gigantic crush on, and for some reason that I can't exactly put my finger on, you really remind me of her. I've been researching her today to feed my obsession with her. Here is a youtube video I found of her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cegC5vS4DuA
She's the girl on the left. Watch their other videos too- like "Only You". It's so freakin cute.
I'm adding your blog to the list of blogs by people that I stalk.