Wednesday, January 14, 2009

so peel me, pull me, spit shine me, unwind me.

just is. it's summer, but it's really winter. my coffee is cold and i have twenty dollars. life is beautiful but i'm still asking why it's always gotta get me down. i'll write a handwritten letter for all your words. and still, it's only 10:30am. it sucks missing people you know you'll never see again. and even more so, missing people you see everyday. i'm afraid i felt my heart move, but mostly i'm just afraid i feel something. the edge of my bed is perfect for this singing. we all sit around tables and laugh our faces off. it seems nice and it is, having my sides hurt because of this happiness. i'm adoring you. and now none of this makes sense, i know. it's more of a pattern than a process. and now everything falls as it rises, and everything starts to bloom again. for once i want to be more than i thought i could be. and i will.

"take on my spine and spit shine it, pull on my heart and unwind it, fold my wings back off my shoulder blades, and peel me..." -feist-

so peel me, pull me, spit shine me, unwind me. you already have, really. and once you've got me all untangled, watch me fly.

No comments: